Symptoms Of Varicose Veins In Testicles


Pregnancy is a natural process. Naturally body changes will also be involved once a woman is pregnant. Most women don't face much complication throughout their pregnancy period though some might have to face few difficulties. Most women experience mood swings, fear and anxiety throughout their pregnancy period. Pregnancy is the time filled with anticipation, happiness and excitement. Most women start experiencing symptoms within a week and some others might experience after few weeks of conception.

Read more on pregnancy Guide and Weight Loss. Also visit on Party ideas

Pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks or nine months which is divided into three trimesters. Pregnancy is counted from the first day of woman's last period. The signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary in intensity, duration and frequency from woman to woman.
The early signs of pregnancy are as follows:

1. Missed period

2. Breast tenderness

3. Fatigue

4. Frequent urination

Get a physical.

Before spending a year trying to get pregnant, it's a good idea to have a thorough physical examination, according to Sanford M. Markham, M.D., an assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C. "Make sure that there aren't any physical problems, such as masses or cysts in the pelvic area," he says. "Your doctor should also treat any low-grade vaginal infections that you might have. He or she should also check for sexually transmitted diseases." Other conditions that can interfere with pregnancy are ovarian cysts, fibroids, and endometriosis, an inflammation of the lining of the uterus, Markham says.

Have sex around the time of ovulation.

The woman's egg is capable of being fertilized for only 24 hours after it is released from the ovary, according to Richard J. Paulson, M.D., an associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology and director of the In Vitro Fertilization Program at the University of Southern California School of Medicine in Los Angeles. The man's sperm can live for between 48 and 72 hours in the woman's reproductive tract. Since sperm and egg must come together for an embryo to be created, a couple must try to have sex at least every 72 hours around the time of ovulation (see Extra! Extra! - "Methods of Ovulation Prediction") in order to hit the mark, Paulson says. "Every 48 hours is even better," he says. However, he adds, the man should not ejaculate more frequently than once in 48 hours, since that may bring his sperm count down too low for fertilization.

Men should ejaculate every two to three days.

Along with the advice to have sex no more often than once every 48 hours, men should also try to ejaculate at least once every two to three days throughout the month, says Bergh. Men need to keep ejaculating to keep up their sperm supply, he adds.
Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The best way to enhance your chances of getting pregnant is to maintain an all-around healthy lifestyle. This goes for both men and women, says William C. Andrews, M.D., executive director of the American Fertility Society and professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk. "A healthy lifestyle will also help ensure the quality of your offspring," Andrews says.

Try to eliminate stress.

"There is little doubt that severe stress will interfere with reproductive function," says Paulson. "At the simplest level, stress will take away your libido. At the extreme, the woman may stop menstruating. Although studies in men are lacking, it is quite likely that a similar effect may occur."

Keep the testicles cool.

Exposure to extreme heat can be the death of sperm--literally. (That's why the testicles are outside of the body--to keep them cool.) Bergh's advice for maintaining the proper temperature is to wear boxer shorts (if you find them comfortable) and to avoid hot tubs and whirlpools. Taxicab and truck drivers will benefit from the use of a beaded seat mat that allows air to circulate. "There was an old Indian fertility ritual where the men used to dip their testicles in cold water," says Bergh. "They had the right idea." Varicose veins in the testicles can also interfere with temperature regulation. If you have these, see a urologist, Bergh suggests.

Frequently Asked Questions

    what will happen if my husband its positive for varicocele?
    he did the test already we going to see the results on march 28 but im scared if he has to do surgery to removed it cause he drinks pills for his epilepsy seizure what can I do to calm down I cant stop thinking and fearing about the results.
    varicocele:A varicocele is a widening of the veins along the cord that holds up a man's testicles.
    Causes, incidence, and risk factors

    A varicocele forms when valves inside the veins along the spermatic cord prevent blood from flowing properly. This causes the blood to back up, leading to swelling and widening of the veins. (This is essentially the same process that leads to varicose veins, which are common in the legs.)

    Varicoceles usually develop slowly. They are more common in men ages 15 - 25 and are most often seen on the left side of the scrotum. Varicoceles are often the cause of infertility in men.

    The sudden appearance of a varicocele in an older man may be caused by a kidney tumor, which can block blood flow to a vein. This is more common on the left side than the right.


    Enlarged, twisted veins in the scrotum


    Painless testicle lump, scrotal swelling, or bulge within the scrotum

    There may not be symptoms.
    Signs and tests

    The health care provider will examine the groin area, including the scrotum and testicles. The doctor may be able to feel a nontender, twisted mass along the spermatic cord. (It feels like a bag of worms.)

    However, the mass may not be able to be seen or felt, especially when lying down.

    The testicle on the side of the varicocele may be smaller than the one on the other side.

    A scrotal support (jock strap) or snug underwear may provide some relief of the pain or discomfort. If pain continues or other symptoms occur, further treatment may be needed.

    Surgery to correct a varicocele is called a varicocelectomy. The surgery is usually done on an outpatient basis. You will receive some type of numbing medication (anesthesia). The urologist will make a cut, usually in the lower abdomen, and tie off the abnormal vein. Blood will now flow around the area into normal veins. Keep an ice pack on the area for the first 24 hours after surgery to reduce swelling.

    An alternative to surgery is varicocele embolization. This method is also done on an outpatient basis. However, it uses a much smaller cut than surgery, so you heal faster. A small hollow tube called a catheter (tube) is placed into a vein in your groin or neck area.

    Using x-rays as a guide, the health care provider moves the tube into the varicocele. A tiny coil passes through the tube into the varicocele. The coil blocks blood flow to the bad vein, and sends it to normal veins.

    After the procedures, you will be told to place ice on the area and wear a scrotal support for a little while. Complications from treatment may include:


    Atrophic testis

    Blood clot formation


    Injury to the scrotal tissue or nearby blood vessel

    • ANSWER:

    Hey doc, what's my prognosis (Please Help)?
    I am unemployed and cannot afford to see a doctor. Here is a list of my symptoms if someone could help me figure out what my issue is. These may not all be from the same issue, but here is what ive noticed:

    *Dull pain in left testicle (I do have varicose veins in the same testicle)
    *Dull lower back pain, almost feels relieved if I put pressure on my lower spine.
    *Weight Gain
    *Noisy joints all over body, popping and cracking when I move

    I am a 23 y.o. male that is sexually active. I have seen a doctor about a year ago for my lower back but all he did was give me pain killers which did not fix my back pain or even find my underlying condition. I am half convinced its epidymitis. Any ideas? I am trying to find a way to get to a doctor, but it would be much easier to figure out the issue myself without the doctor running 100's of tests and stuff.

    Thanks for any input.

    • ANSWER:
      Urologists specialize in Urinary and Reproductive systems. Contact one of their offices and inquire about pricing of a doctor's visit. They should be able to help you without running many tests. You can also tell the doctor you can't afford tests or check if they offer payment plans.